The car accident attorneys at Fishbeyn & Briskin, handle all types of automobile accident cases in both New York and New Jersey. Our attorneys have experience in helping clients get rightful compensation for injuries incurred when involved in such actions.
Car accidents can happen at any time and can lead to serious and life-threatening injuries in some cases. When a car is struck by another car, a truck, a motorcycle or even a non-motorized object, the damage can extend beyond the vehicle, and have a lasting effect on the driver and passengers.
Injuries suffered in an automobile accident can be varied and include:
- Neck injuries – including pain due to “whiplash” or intervertebral disc bulging or herniations as well as fractures.
- Head injuries – including concussions and brain injuries or skull fractures.
- Back injuries – pain or swelling to the soft tissue of the back, as well as fractures of vertebrae and injuries to the spinal column requiring surgery.
- Fractures – Bone fractures can occur in the limbs, hands, feet, ankles, clavicles, ribs or in any part of the body subjected to the pressure or sudden “jolt” of an accident.
- Organs – there is always a possibility of internal bleeding and organ damage when the body is subjected to stressed caused by an automobile accident.
- Joint injuries – Can include torn ACL, torn MCL, torn meniscus, torn ligaments in the shoulder. Often times the injuries result in surgeries.
It is very important that you seek medical attention immediately if you experience any form of pain or discomfort after being involved in an automobile accident. These injuries can require extensive medical treatment to repair, including surgeries, metal screws or implants, medication and long-term physical therapy. It is important to know the extent of an injury. In most cases, the No Fault laws of New York and New Jersey will cover your medical expenses for these procedures.
When you contact the injury attorneys at Fishbeyn & Briskin, expect to be asked questions regarding your accident to help facilitate the aggressive pursuit of your case. This includes:
- Can you provide a description of the accident and how it occurred?
- Did you visit the hospital to seek treatment for your injuries? When and where?
- Did you see any doctors about the injury? Who?
- Have you received surgery or have a surgery scheduled?
- Were there any witnesses who saw the accident?
- Was any report prepared in connection with the accident?
- Can you describe your injuries and any physical limitations they have caused?
These and other questions will help our experienced lawyers evaluate your case and advise you on the best steps to take in pursuit of your claim.
The most important step in handling your case is to CALL our offices. Consultations are done free of charge. Each case has unique facts and circumstances that affect the strategy of pursuing your recovery. Our attorneys can assist you in obtaining medical treatment and processing a No-Fault claim in both New York and New Jersey. After consultation, an attorney will begin the process of investigating your accident, including obtaining photographs of your injuries, the scene of the accident and property damage as well as obtaining any documents, records or reports that will be important in pursuing financial recovery.
The financial value of an automobile accident case can vary, and will depend on liability, severity of your injury and the defendant’s (or their insurer’s) ability to pay. In order to ensure the best possible resolution of your case, it is important to call our office as soon as possible.
Contact us 24/7 at 908-279-7979 to schedule a consultation today.