The attorneys at Fishbeyn & Briskin, have experience dealing with injuries resulting from all types of trip and fall accidents including but not limited to dips, depressions, cracks, non-uniform stairs, poor lighting and uneven sidewalks and walkways in both New York (Brooklyn, New York, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Manhattan, New York City) and New Jersey (Northern, Central, Southern). Our attorneys help their clients get rightful compensation for their injuries and resulting disability as a result of these accidents.
Whenever a pedestrian is walking on a negligently maintained, constructed or repaired walkway, sidewalk, or staircase in a public or private area there is a serious risk of injury to the foot, ankle joints, wrists and other parts of the body. More often than not, these injuries will require medical treatment, and will often affect your ability to work, walk, lift or carry heavy objects or other daily activities.
Injuries suffered in trip and fall accidents can be varied and include:
- Joint injuries – twisted ankles are most common, but damage to knees and even wrists (from breaking a fall) can also occur.
- Foot injuries – one of the most common injuries in these accidents is a fracture of the 5th metatarsal bone in the foot; a painful and debilitating injury.
- Broken bones – suffered if the body is thrown to the ground as a result of the trip.
- Head injuries – including concussions or skull fractures suffered if the head hits the ground.
- Neck and Back injuries – herniations, bulges, fractures of vertebrae.
If you experience any injury in a trip-and-fall accident, seek medical attention as soon as possible to ensure that you receive appropriate medical treatment. Treatment may require surgery, including the implanting metal rods, screws or other devices in order to ensure a proper recovery. Sometimes this can have a long-term or permanent affect, leaving you fully or partially disabled and in need of ongoing physical therapy. In most cases, an experienced personal injury attorney can help recover the costs of these expensive treatments as well as damages for your continuing pain and disability.
When you call the lawyers at Fishbeyn & Briskin, you can expect to be asked questions regarding your accident to help facilitate the pursuit of your case. These may include:
- Can you provide a description of the accident and how it occurred?
- Where did the accident occur?
- Did you see what caused the trip and fall?
- Was the area well lit?
- Did you visit a hospital to seek treatment for your injuries? When and where?
- Did you see any other doctors about the injury? Who?
- Have you received surgery or have a surgery scheduled?
- Were there any witnesses who saw the accident?
- Was a report prepared by anyone regarding the accident?
- Can you describe your injuries and any physical or personal limitations they have caused?
These and other questions will help our injury lawyers evaluate your case and advise you on the appropriate steps to take to preserve your claim.
The first step in pursuing your legal case, however, is to CALL one of our office as soon as possible. There is no charge for a consultation, and we will be happy to meet with you at our office, your home or even at the hospital. Talking to an attorney is important because every case has different facts and wrinkles that will affect how the claim is pursued. Acting quickly to preserve your rights is always the best policy. Fishbeyn & Briskin’s experienced personal injury attorneys can assist with obtaining medical diagnosis and treatment in either New York or New Jersey. Once retained, the process of investigating and resolving your case begins, including obtaining photographs of your injuries or the scene of the accident as well as obtaining any documents, records or reports that will be important for your financial recovery.
The financial value of any case can vary, and depends upon a combination of liability, severity of injury and the responsible party’s ability to pay. In order to ensure the best possible resolution to your case, it is important to call one of our lawyers as soon as possible.
Contact us 24/7 at 908-279-7979 to schedule a consultation today.