The truck accident attorneys at Fishbeyn & Briskin, P.C. handle all types of trucking accident cases in both New York and New Jersey. Our attorneys have experience in helping clients get serious compensation for injuries suffered in accidents connected to the trucking industry.
Truckers work in a profession where accidents can be commonplace and often times quite serious. In many cases, despite taking precautions, the unexpected can happen, and a truck driver can be injured or disabled by an accident. Accidents while driving (including collision), while loading and unloading a truck, slip and fall and trip and fall accidents on or near a loading dock. Truckers are exposed to situations that can cause slips, trips or falls, motor vehicle collisions, or being struck by or trapped between objects.
Our firm has represented many out of state truck drivers who travel to the Northeast (New York and New Jersey) on a regular basis for deliveries and pick-ups.
Injuries suffered by truck drivers can be varied and include:
- Neck injuries –intervertebral disc bulging and herniations and other painful injuries resulting from stress or strain.
- Head injuries – including concussions, brain damage and skull fractures.
- Back injuries – like your neck, the back is prone to disc injuries and other injuries to the soft tissue and bone that can have painful and long-lasting effects.
- Fractures – bone fractures anywhere in the body can be a painful experience, and some fractures can have more serious consequences.
- Joints – strains, sprains and tears to the rotator cuffs, tendons, ligaments or cartilage of the joints can limit your ability to work and alter your everyday life.
- Organs – there is always a possibility of internal bleeding and organ damage when the body is subjected to stress caused by a truck accident.
It is very important that you seek medical attention immediately if you experience any form of pain or discomfort or if you are aware of any other injury after being involved in an accident. Not only for the success of your case, but also for your personal health. Your injuries could require extensive medical treatment to repair, including surgery, metal screws, implants, injections, pain medication or long-term physical therapy. It is important to have a good grasp of the extent of your injury, the recovery time and the limitations it will place on you.
When you reach out to the attorneys at Fishbeyn & Briskin, P.C., expect to be asked questions regarding your accident to help facilitate the pursuit of your case. These questions may include:
- Can you provide a description of the accident and how it occurred?
- Did you visit the hospital to seek treatment for your injuries? When and where?
- Have you see any doctors about the injury? Who?
- Have you received surgery or have a surgery scheduled?
- Were there any witnesses who saw the accident?
- Was any report prepared concerning your accident?
- Can you describe your injuries and any physical or personal limitations they have caused?
These and other questions will help our experienced truck accident lawyers evaluate your case and advise you on the best steps to take in pursuit of your claim.
The most important step in handling your case is to CALL our office as soon after the injury as possible. No two cases are alike, and there are always unique facts and circumstances present that will impact how your case is handled. Our attorneys can assist you in obtaining medical treatment in either New York or New Jersey. Once retained, an attorney can begin investigating your case, including contacting physicians for records, obtaining photographs of your injuries, property damage and the scene of the accident as well as obtaining any other documents, records or reports that will be important in obtaining a favorable outcome in your case.
Contact us 24/7 at 908-279-7979 to schedule a consultation today.